Table Of Content
- What are the WordPress Hosting Requirements?
- Understanding Green Hosting
- Best WordPress Hosting Services
- Comparison Between the WordPress Hosting Services
- Choosing the Best WordPress Hosting for Your Website
- FAQs Related to Best WordPress Hosting for Developers
- Find the Best Hosting for your WordPress site
WordPress, although free and open source, doesn’t have a built-in hosting feature. So the first thing WordPress developers do when developing a new website is find a suitable WordPress hosting provider. Often overlooked, a host or hosting service provider is one of the most crucial aspects of any WordPress website.
The first question you may ask is, “What is WordPress Hosting?”. A website host plays a significant role in every WordPress website. It provides services related to domain name management, server management, website backup, and restoration. It also offers storage space, security and SSL certificates, bandwidth allocation, and more.
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting service that’s specifically optimized for websites built with WordPress. This means that the server environment is configured to run WordPress as smoothly as possible. WordPress hosting often includes one-click installations, automatic updates, and dedicated WordPress support.
So if you want to create a new website right after installing WordPress, you will need a good hosting provider. That’s why the experts at our web development company have created a list of the best WordPress hosting providers. We have also tried to answer some of the frequent queries related to hosting.
So without further ado, let’s start.
What are the WordPress Hosting Requirements?
WordPress is a lightweight script that is compatible with most reputable web hosting companies. The basic requirements for WordPress are:
- PHP version 7.4 or higher
- MySQL version 5.7 or higher OR MariaDB version 10.3 or higher
- HTTPS support (SSL)
Because of WordPress’s popularity, the best web hosting companies typically provide easy 1-click installation options for WordPress. All the hosting providers in this guide fully support running a WordPress site.
Understanding Green Hosting
Green web hosting or eco-friendly hosting uses renewable energy sources to power servers. This approach reduces the environmental impact caused by traditional hosting methods that rely on fossil fuels. Green hosting providers often purchase renewable energy certificates to offset their carbon footprint. Some even plant trees, reduce their energy usage, or contribute to climate initiatives to enhance their eco-friendly status.
The Green Web Foundation Directory is a valuable online resource aimed at promoting sustainable web practices. This directory offers a comprehensive list of web hosting companies that are powered by renewable energy. Individuals and businesses can reduce their carbon footprint by choosing the hosting providers listed in this directory, supporting the fight against climate change. The Green Web Foundation also provides a tool that allows users to check whether a website is hosted ‘green.’ Just enter the URL, and the tool will tell you if the site uses green energy or not. EcoGrader is a free online tool that grades a website based on its level of sustainability. EcoGrader evaluates whether your website’s hosting provider uses renewable energy or not
The Green Web Foundation Directory is an excellent starting point for anyone choosing a green hosting provider. It’s a reminder that we can and should consider the environment in all aspects of our lives, including our online presence. By supporting green hosting, we can contribute to a more sustainable future for the web.
Best WordPress Hosting Services
When it comes to developing websites using WordPress, having the right hosting provider is crucial for developers. It affects the speed, security, scalability, and reliability of your site, impacting the user experience and search engine rankings. A hosting service that caters specifically to the needs of developers can greatly enhance their workflow, provide advanced features, and ensure reliable performance.
However, in the midst of an environmental crisis, it’s increasingly important to consider green hosting options as well. In this article, we will explore some of the best WordPress hosting options available for developers, taking into account factors such as flexibility, developer-friendly tools, performance, support, and overall value.
Whether you’re an experienced developer or just starting out, these hosting providers are known for their ability to meet the unique requirements of developers and offer an optimal environment for WordPress development. We have also compared the hosting providers with respect to some key parameters so that you can make a more clear choice.
#1. WP Engine
The first hosting provider we are going to talk about is WP Engine. Its managed hosting services can be tailored to your business and website requirements. Plus, there are regular server upgrades and advanced protections to maintain the performance and security of your website. That’s why most WordPress development services go for this option for their websites.
Being a WordPress-only hosting service, WP Engine has mastered this CMS. So it knows what sort of performance, storage, and security offerings will help take your website to the top without a hitch. Plus, even with its lowest package, a website can easily handle up to 25,000 visits every month. So it will be suitable for beginners.
- Managed WordPress hosting with performance features like EverCache (WP Engine’s proprietary WordPress caching layer).
- Robust security measures and proactive threat detection, along with automated updates and vulnerability scans.
- One-click staging and backup.
- Scalability to handle high-traffic websites.
- 24×7 customer support boasting a remarkable 96% customer satisfaction score.
As we mentioned earlier, one of the drawbacks of WordPress is that it doesn’t offer built-in hosting. But that doesn’t mean this CMS has forgotten about website hosting. That’s where WordPress.com comes in. It offers you the same CMS features and abilities as the standard, free WordPress.
WordPress.com offers a hands-free hosting experience for the website, so you won’t have to worry about hosting troubles. But if you feel like going for another hosting service, WordPress.com offers the flexibility to make the switch any time you want. It offers high-performance CPUs and automated burst scaling, DDOS and WAF protection, Free SSL certificate, and more. So you can create a lightning-fast website secured against any potential cyber-attacks.
- Protection features like DDoS and WAF, malware scanning, and free SSL certificate.
- Performance features like image management, automated burst scaling, and global CDN.
- Rock-solid web infrastructure through unmetered traffic and bandwidth, real-time backup, and more.
- Multi-site management, effortless staging.
- 24×7 customer support.
#3. WPMU DEV
WPMU DEV is one of the best hosting services for WordPress developers. Along with excellent website management, security, support, and a vast plugin repository, this all-in-one platform offers a reliable hosting service. This platform offers advanced performance optimization techniques like caching and CDN to ensure faster loading times and optimal website performance.
Its managed hosting service handles server setup, maintenance, security, and backups. That allows the users to focus on their content and business. That’s why WPMU DEV has been recognized among the best in the space for its usability, performance, implementation, and support.
- It lets you organize, filter, and label multiple client sites for easier access.
- With WPMU DEV, you’ll save time on on-site maintenance through automated updates and backup.
- Its site management dashboard lets you update multiple sites more conveniently.
- Variety of plugins for WordPress websites.
- The dedicated support team for any issue related to WordPress.
Pantheon.io is one of the best WordPress hosting providers and offers a robust and feature-rich platform for websites. With its focus on performance, scalability, and developer-friendly tools, Pantheon.io has gained a reputation among WordPress users and developers. Pantheon.io also provides a DevOps workflow that streamlines the development and deployment process.
The platform enables websites to scale effortlessly to accommodate growing traffic and demand. Plus, it offers integrated tools for WordPress websites, like WAF (Web Application Firewall), SSL certificates, and more. This comprehensive WordPress hosting provider combines performance, scalability, developer-friendly tools, and reliable support to ensure the best website development experience.
- Pantheon.io automates the upgrade process, saving you time and improving accuracy.
- Serverless CMS for rich, innovative digital experience.
- It enables structured agile workflow for cross-functional team collaboration and better time-to-market.
- Manage multiple domains and brands through its website portfolio management.
- Horizontal scaling and auto-scaling capabilities
Another high-quality hosting provider, FlyWheel, offers a user-friendly interface and tailored experience for WordPress websites. Its intuitive dashboard is designed to help developers manage multiple WordPress websites more effortlessly. One highlight of this platform is that it is dedicated to WordPress. So its servers are tuned to take care of WordPress websites.
Flywheel also prioritizes website security. They implement robust security measures such as free SSL certificates, firewalls, etc., along with automated nightly backups. When it comes to CDN, Flywheel offers server locations in various regions worldwide. So the users can choose the data center closest to their target audience for improved speed. Last but not least, FlyWheel boasts a 99.9% uptime, enticing any website owner or developer.
- It includes malware clean-ups, which ensures there are no threats to your website’s security.
- FlyWheel offers dedicated server space to every website for better performance and security.
- It also offers a staging environment, so you can test the changes before deploying them on the live website.
- Coworkers can collaborate with each other for a more streamlined workflow.
- Effortless multi-site management for those with multiple brands and domains.
Pressable is a reliable hosting provider offering an exceptional WordPress website experience. Its hosting plans are scalable, allowing websites to grow seamlessly as their needs evolve. Whether it’s a small blog or a large e-commerce site, Pressable can accommodate websites of all sizes and handle increased traffic demands with ease.
Along with security measures like malware scanning, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems, Pressable offers server-level caching and CDN. So the website’s performance and security are taken care of. Pressable boasts a 5.8 milliseconds static performance test response time and a 97.4% customer satisfaction score. So it’s, of course, an excellent hosting option.
- All plans are designed to handle eCommerce stores through WooCommerce.
- Free one-click backups through Jetpack Security.
- Pressable offers a 100% uptime guarantee.
- Cloud-based network to bring down the website load times.
- Free hosting migration for those looking to move to Pressable.
Other than providing a domain for your website, GoDaddy is a prominent WordPress hosting service with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. WordPress developers usually opt for Godaddy for its user-friendly interface and intuitive setup process. It makes the website deployment much more effortless. So you can better focus on creating content and growing your online presence while GoDaddy takes care of the performance, storage, and security.
GoDaddy offers advanced server technologies, including caching, CDN integration, and optimized server configurations. That ensures faster loading times and excellent website performance. Plus, there are the security features like DDoS protection, SSL certification, and more. So your website will stay safe against any potential threats.
- Global Cloudflare CDN with over 200 server locations around the world.
- Automatic WordPress core and security updates.
- Site optimization tools like GTmetrix are built into the platform.
- Single-click auto-migration for WordPress websites.
- Round-the-clock malware scans and removal to protect your website from being defaced by hackers.
Every one of these WordPress hosting services can help you start excellent websites. But all of them have varied storage and pricing plans. So we’ll compare these WordPress hosting providers against each other based on some factors. That will help make it easier to choose among them for your website.
Comparison Between the Best WordPress Hosting Services
|Hosting Provider||Price/Month||Free Domain Registration||Free SSL||Storage|
|WP Engine||Starts at $20||Yes||Yes||10 GB (in the Startup plan)|
|WordPress.com||Starts at $4||Yes||Yes||6 GB (in the Personal Plan)|
|WPMU DEV||Starts at $4||Yes||Yes||10 GB Storage & 512 GB Bandwidth|
|Pantheon.io||Starts at $41||Yes||Yes||20 GB SSD (in the Basic Plan)|
|FlyWheel||Starts at $13||Yes||Yes||5 GB Storage & 20 GB Bandwidth|
|Pressable||Starts at $19||Yes||Yes||10 GB (in the Entry plan)|
|GoDaddy||Starts at $8.99||Yes||Yes||20 GB SSD (in the Basic plan)|
Choosing the Best WordPress Hosting for Your Website
It’s understandable if these options have left you a bit confused. But don’t worry; we’ll show you the best way to select the most suitable one. Like any other platform, a variety of factors go into choosing the best hosting service for your WordPress website:
Types of website hosting
There are several types of web hostings available, each catering to different needs and requirements.
- Cloud Hosting: Cloud hosting utilizes multiple interconnected servers to distribute resources and handle website traffic. It provides scalability, flexibility, and redundancy, as resources can be added or removed as needed. It’s perfect for websites with fluctuating traffic.
- VPS Hosting: Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting involves splitting a physical server into multiple virtual ones, each operating independently with its dedicated resources. VPS hosting is perfect for websites with high traffic.
- Managed WordPress Hosting: Specially designed for WordPress websites, this type of hosting offers optimized server configurations, security features, automatic updates, and specialized support. That ensures optimal performance and ease of use for WordPress users.
- Shared Hosting: It is the most affordable type of hosting and hosts multiple websites on a single server. So, resources like storage, bandwidth, and processing power are shared between the websites. It’s more suited to small websites with low to moderate traffic.
- Dedicated Server Hosting: In this hosting, an entire physical server is dedicated to your website. That means maximum control, customization, and resource allocation. This hosting is perfect for bigger websites with higher traffic.
- Colocation Hosting: In this type of web hosting service, a company or individual rents space in a data center facility to house their own servers and networking equipment. While the hosting provider provides the physical infrastructure, including power, cooling, and network connectivity, the client has complete control over their hardware and software.
Each of these web hosting services has its own advantages and considerations. So carefully choose one aligning with your website’s requirements and growth plans.
- Performance and Speed– Look for a host that offers robust server infrastructure. That includes solid-state drives (SSDs), caching mechanisms, and CDNs. These features contribute to faster loading times, translating into a smoother user experience.
- Reliability and Uptime– Make sure the host guarantees a higher uptime, ideally 99.9% or above. So your website remains accessible to visitors at all times. Look for WordPress hosting providers that have redundant systems and backup power supplies built into them. They must also provide uninterrupted network connectivity to minimize downtime.
- Security Features– Prioritize hosts implementing strong security measures, like malware scanning, firewalls, and SSL certificates. Regular backups and automated software updates are also important to protect your website from any potential vulnerabilities and data loss.
- Scalability– Consider your website’s growth potential and choose a host that offers scalable plans. That allows you to easily upgrade your resources as the site expands. So you’ll be able to handle the increased traffic.
- Servers Facilities– It would be best to choose a host that can offer servers near your target audience to ensure speedy content delivery. Not all hosting providers offer a choice of where the server is located. But given the option, select one located in the same geographical region as your target users. Also, check how many servers the host provides to every website.
- Customer Support– Make sure the host provides reliable and responsive customer support. That can be ensured through 24×7 availability and multiple support channels (e.g., live chat, phone, email). It’s also essential that their staff is knowledgeable and helpful.
- Pricing– One of the most prominent elements in the WordPress website development cost is hosting. So make sure you compare the pricing structures of different hosts. Then evaluate their value in terms of features, performance, and support. Try to analyze their costs both monthly and annually.
If you have gone thrown off by these selection factors, they’ll help you choose the most suitable WordPress hosting provider for your website.
FAQs Related to Best WordPress Hosting for Developers
Simply put, no. One of the very few drawbacks of WordPress CMS is that it doesn’t include website hosting. So you have two options. You can either select a hosting service offering the most suitable features with respect to security, performance, storage, and more.
Or, you can go for WordPress.com, which is the paid version of WordPress. Its pricing starts at $4 per month.
Yes, you can opt for WordPress migration services to shift your website from one host to another. At WPWeb Infotech, we thoroughly analyze your WordPress website, understand your requirements, and choose the best possible hosting provider accordingly. Then, we migrate your website to the new host for the best results.
Yes, there are several free hosting services available on the internet. But their services and capabilities are usually limited when compared to the paid alternatives.
Although paid hosting would cost you a bit, the security and performance will be much better than the free options.
Yes, a WordPress hosting service typically includes security measures to help protect your website. However, the level of security provided can vary depending on the hosting service provider and the specific plan you choose. Here are some common security features you can expect from a reputable WordPress hosting service:
While these security measures provide a good baseline, you, as the website owner or developer, should also take steps to enhance the security of your WordPress site. That includes using strong passwords, regularly updating WordPress and plugins, installing reputable security plugins, and more.
Yes, it does. The data centre or server location of the WordPress hosting provider dictates the performance of the website. More the servers in diverse locations, the better the speed of your website and the more target audience (from varied regions) it will be able to reach.
If the server is not close to the user’s location, the website won’t perform well, negatively impacting their experience and ultimately, the search traffic. So make sure to choose a hosting provider with a larger number of servers (or datacenters) in diverse locations.
Hosting is something your WordPress website won’t run without. It controls everything, including performance, security, and storage. So you will always need a hosting account for your website.
So we suggest you find the most suitable hosting service and choose its yearly plan (or lifetime plan if possible). It will be cheaper in the long run, compared to the monthly plans.
The cost to build a WordPress website depends on a variety of factors and components, including the domain registration, hosting account, themes and plugins, agency (or freelance) charges, type of website, etc. So it can be a little tricky to deduce the cost to build a WordPress website.
Depending on the website, the cost of development may run anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. But for a more accurate figure, you may get in touch with the experts at WPWeb Infotech and work up an estimate.
Yes, there are loads of other WordPress hosting providers available on the internet. But we have chosen 7 of the best ones based on the crucial factors like type of hosting, speed and performance, reliability, security, scalability, server facilities, support, and pricing.
You may choose as per your preference. But we advise you to carefully consider the selection criteria we showed above, and choose the best one accordingly.
Find the Best Hosting for your WordPress site
When it comes to a WordPress website, one of the most significant elements to consider is the hosting. Since this CMS doesn’t offer built-in hosting, you find the most suitable one for your WordPress website according to your requirements. It’s important to make the best choice since the hosting service takes care of the performance, security, and storage of the website.
Since there is so much riding on the decision, we have compiled a list of the best WordPress hosting service providers that will help you create the best website possible. For that, we have compared and analyzed loads of them on a variety of factors and chosen the most well-rounded options, like WP Engine, WordPress.com, GoDaddy, and more.
We have also listed a few of the frequently asked questions to answer your queries related to reliable WordPress hosting providers. But if you still have some doubts regarding hosting, get in touch with us today!